AboutDr. Paula Dillon earned her doctorate in Curriculum, Teaching, and Learning from Northeastern University. Her areas of expertise include curriculum development, instructional pedagogy, assessment design, professional learning, instructional strategies for diverse learners, and student-centered learning. She believes in the power of professional networks to create and scale change. As such, she serves on and contributes to numerous state and national committees, including NExT.
Ed.D., Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 2017. DISSERTATION: How Deeper Learning and 21st Century Skills Influenced One Suburban District’s Transition to 1:1 Student Technology
M.Ed., Educational Leadership, Providence College, Providence, RI, 2008
M.Ed., Special Education, Providence College, Providence, RI, 1996
B.S., Secondary Education and Social Sciences, Providence College, Providence, RI, 1992
Dillon, P. A. (2017). Plugging into the New, 21st Century Vision of Teaching and Learning. Getting Smart. Retrieved from http://www.gettingsmart.com/2017/04/new-21st-century-vision-learning/
Dillon, P., Erkens C., Sanna, D. & Savastano, L. (2015). Crowdlearning: 8 Districts Pool Resources to Focus on Assessment Literacy. Journal of Staff Development, 36(3), 28-32.
Dillon, P. A. (2016). Virtual Viewpoints Pod Cast – Students at the Center, Episode 3 Podcast
. Students at the Center. Retrieved from https://studentsatthecenterhub.org/resource/virtual-viewpoints-podcast-paula-dillon-barrington-public-schools/
Dillon, P. A. (2016). 7 Ways to Improve Professional Learning in the 21st Century. Edweek. Retrieved from http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/rick_hess_straight_up/2016/02/7_ways_to_improve_professional_learning_in_the_21st_century.html
- Transforming Barrington Public Schools through the intersection of project-based learning, deeper learning, and experiential learning.
- Wrote and implemented $200,000 Lighthouse Grant for Barrington Middle School
- Wrote and implemented $75,000 Personalized Learning Grant for Barrington High School
- Implementing Yale’s Social Emotional RULER program PK-12
Upcoming Talks and Conferences
- Anderson, A., Brown, G., Dillon, P., Freedman, E., & Pruett, N., Ralston, C. & Unger, C. (January 31, 2019). Panel Presentation: What can experiential learning look like in our schools. NExT Virtual Convening, Boston, MA.
- Brown, B., Dillon, P., Freedman, E., & Horn, M. (February 1, 2019). Panel Presentation: Moving to competency-based education. LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference, Boston, MA.
Dillon, P. (April 25, 2019). Purposeful integration of technology for the pre-service teacher. Pre-service Institute, Providence, RI.